With a slather of grass-fed butter (healthy fats), this could be a great breakfast bread. It’s also ideal for kids’ lunchboxes as it’s nut-free! You could omit the honey, making it purely sweetened with pears. There is also an option to add collagen to the bread for bone, hair and nail strength.
Estimated 1 ½ hours
Ingredients for the loaf
- 5 eggs
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp ground chia seeds + 3 tbsp hot water mixed well)
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ¼ cup gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup pasture-raised collagen powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp vanilla powder
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped pear from the Fruitful Day Box
- 3 whole pears from the Fruitful Day Box (for inside the loaf)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C and grease and line a 12cm x 22cm loaf tin.
2. Peel, core and chop enough pears to fill one cup – approximately 2
3. Place on a baking tray with some coconut oil and bake for 20 – 30 minutes or until soft (if your pears are ripe enough, you can skip this step!)
4. Put the pears into a food processor with the eggs and chia egg. Process until combined.
5. Add all remaining ingredients blend thoroughly.
6. Pour into a loaf tin and bake for 45 minutes. Keep an eye on the loaf and if it becomes overly brown on top, cover with tin foil for the remainder of the baking time.