Last week we introduced you to the newest addition of the Fruitful Day family, a fruit bouquet! It’s made with strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, physalis, and a touch of mint.
We wouldn’t want you to go without a new recipe for your Valentine too though! This week we are sharing a recipe for an avocado chocolate mousse, which is a little different than your typical mousse as it uses melted chocolate achieving an extra creamy texture.
Whether you’re single, taken, or just plain hungry, we’re sure you’re going to love this dessert! Wishing you a happy, healthy Valentines Day from the whole Fruitful Day family.
Avocado Chocolate Mousse (serves 2/3 for dessert)
- 100g dark chocolate (you can use 70% cacao)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100g coconut cream (to make this – put the tin of coconut cream in the fridge overnight. In the morning, scoop only the cream off the top leaving the water behind. Set aside).
- 1 avocado from the Fruitful Day Box
- ½ tbsp honey (optional)
- 50g full fat yoghurt or coconut yoghurt
1. Place a glass bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and place into the bowl to melt.
2. In a separate bowl, smash the avocado with a fork.
3. Place the coconut cream in a bowl and beat with a hand beater until it forms soft peaks.
4. Add the chocolate, vanilla, yoghurt, honey to the avocado and blend with a hand blender.
5. Add the whipped coconut cream and blend (leave a few tablespoons aside for garnish)
6. Garnish with coconut cream and grated dark chocolate.