Our recipe journey continues today with a salad you can easily take to work with you or enjoy in the evening with grilled meats! This salad is called Gavurdagi, which is a traditional Turkish salad similar to Tabbouleh, however, the pomegranate and walnuts add amazing new flavor to it.
We hope you all have a fantastically fruitful week ahead. We have a few more recipes to share in our series of 7 so stay tuned and get ready to #rebootwithfruit!
Gavurdagi Pomegranate Salad
- 2/3 tomatoes
- 2/3 cucumbers
- Small bunch of parsley
- 4 spring onions
- 100g walnuts
- 100g fresh pomegranate seeds from the Fruitful Day Box
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Place whole walnuts in the oven and roast for 8 minutes.
- In one large bowl add: washed and cubed tomatoes and cucumbers, thinly sliced spring onions, finely chopped parsley and pomegranate.
- Mix olive oil, pomegranate molasses, lemon, salt, pepper and sumac together.
- Once walnuts are cooled, chop into small pieces.
- Toss all salad ingredients together and lastly add dressing.