If your kids are anything like ours, they’re always asking for muffins, but it’s not easy choosing a healthy recipe that they’ll still like.
Today’s apricot muffins are made with almond and coconut flour making them far more nutritious, but without compromising on taste. Win for mom and dad, win for the kids!
Instead of muffins, you could also bake this as a sweet loaf and enjoy with butter and jam in the morning. Either way, we’re sure you’re going to love it!
(makes 9 small muffins)
45 minutes (including baking time)
INGREDIENTS for the muffins
- ½ cup ghee
- 2 ¼ cups almond flour
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 apricots from the Fruitful Day box.
- Preheat over to 180 degrees C.
- Melt ghee in a saucepan or in the microwave and set aside.
- Slice or chop apricots and set aside.
- In one bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients; almond flour, coconut sugar, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, mix wet ingredients; melted ghee, eggs and vanilla.
- Add the mixtures together along with the sliced apricot and combine until a dough forms.
- Grease or line your muffin tray.
- Bake for 22 – 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.