It’s crazy to think that the summer is almost behind us! We hope that you’ve had an amazing time whether you were here in the UAE or traveling the world. At Fruitful Day, we always look forward to the summer as it’s when stone fruit is in season and we get the most delicious peaches, nectarines, and apricots from the region.
Before summer escapes us, we wanted to share a recipe that is easy to make and super delicious poolside snack. A twist on a classic tomato salsa, a peach salsa is a great way to eat seasonal. Make a batch, store it in the fridge and avoid all the sugar, preservatives, and dehydrated vegetables in the the store bought version.
If you’re eating your peach salsa with tortilla chips, read the ingredient label before selecting which bag to buy. Most corn tortilla chips are made using highly processed oils, however, some brands use better quality oils like coconut oil. Look out for Non-GMO, organic corn chips. You may even find some brands which are made with sprouted grains such as millet and quinoa and are a great alternative to regular corn tortilla chips. You can also skip the chips and serve it over fish or chicken, added to burrito bowls or used as a garnish on tacos!
We hope you love this recipe as much as we do and check back soon as we have some great back-to-school recipes coming soon.
Peach Salsa (makes two small bowls)
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 5 peaches and/or nectarines
- 5 shallots
- ½ red bell pepper
- 1 handful of coriander
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp smoked paprika
- Pit and dice all peaches and nectarines.
- Peel and dice the shallots.
- De-seed the bell pepper, cut in half and then dice one half only.
- De-seed and then finely dice the two green chili’s.
- Wash and finely chop the coriander.
- Add all the prepared ingredient to a bowl.
- Squeeze a two limes and add to the bowl.
- Add salt, pepper and smoked paprika until fully incorporated.