In Ramadan, we always try to do something special with our discovery boxes to celebrate the Holy Month. For those of you who are customers, we hope that you have been enjoying the extra nuts, seeds, and dried fruits! If you haven’t tried our discovery box yet, this is one of our favorite time of the year not only because of the extras, but also because stone fruit season has just started and that means lots of yummy fruits like cherries, plums, nectarines, and apricots.
Today’s smoothie bowl recipe is perfect for Suhoor or even if you’re not fasting something to keep you going for a little longer. In particular, coconut and cashews are both packed with healthy fats that help you feel satiated for longer. From your Fruitful Day box you can use your cherries, bananas, and pretty much any nuts and seeds in the box to craft these beautiful bowls of goodness.
Until next time and Ramadan Kareem!
(makes 2 large smoothie bowls)
5 – 10 minutes
- 2 frozen bananas from the Fruitful Day Box (this requires you to peel, chop and freeze the bananas the night before)
- 1 cup frozen sour cherries
- ¼ cup fresh coconut
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp cashews
- ¾ cup coconut milk
* optional toppings of cacao nibs, granola, berries, bee pollen, edible flowers, coconut chips
From the Fruitful Day Box: dried banana chips, nuts, seeds and dried fruit.
- Blend all ingredients and pour into a bowl.
- Add toppings
* To get the colour variant you see in the photo:
- Omit the cacao powder and blend. Pour a little out and set aside.
- Add the cacao powder and blend again.
- Pour dark smoothie mixture into a bowl and then use the pink smoothie mixture to create patterns on top.