Football fever is everywhere and there’s definitely some competition in our office! How about yours?
As much fun as 3 football games a day are, it also inevitably means A LOT of snacking. That’s why we thought that for today’s recipe we would encourage you to stay on your top game with a great healthy snack alternative that is both sweet and savory.
Roll on dehydrated apples with dark chocolate and sea salt! They’re as easy to grab and snack on as chips, but without all the nasties added. Now back to football… we all know Germany is going to win, right?! Only comment if you agree… we’re kidding mostly!
Dehydrated Apples with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt
- 5 apples from the Fruitful Day Box
- 50g dark chocolate
- 1 tsp large flake sea salt
- Thinly slice the apples (1-2mm) lying on their sides – this way you get the beautiful star shape that naturally forms in the centre.
- Dehydrate for 12 – 24 hours. The longer you dehydrate the crispier they are. It’s up to your preference.
* option to bake them in the oven at 90°C for 2 hours – turn half way through so they bake evenly. If you don’t have a convection oven you need to prop the oven door open to release steam and bake for 6 – 10 hours.
- Melt dark chocolate on a bain-marie and half dip each chip. While the chocolate is still soft, sprinkle one grain of sea salt onto the chocolate. Once the chocolate hardens the salt will not stick so you have to dip and sprinkle immediately.
- Cover a board with baking paper or cling film and set each chip down onto it.
- Place in the fridge to set!