7 days, 7 recipes!
It’s the middle of the summer and we totally get how difficult it is to be stuck inside for most if not ALL of the day. However, it’s the perfect time of year to practice your cooking skills so for the next 7 days we’re going to share a recipe every day with you that is both HEALTHY and DELICIOUS.
First up is a homemade granola bar! Most supermarket granola bars contain sugar, corn syrup, wheat or canola oil and by making it yourself you know exactly what is going inside. These apricot and orange granola bars are perfect to take to work or if your kids don’t have nut allergies, they can be a great afternoon snack before anyone gets hangry.
As an aside, we have just discovered the most delicious apricots from Uzbekistan. You have to try them out! Available in our discovery box here.
Apricot & Orange Granola Bar
(makes one square tray of 20cm x 20cm)
INGREDIENTS for the crust
- 100g walnuts from the Fruitful Day Box
- 120g gluten free oats
- 100g apricots from the Fruitful Day Box
- 50g pumpkin/sunflower seeds from the Fruitful Day Box
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Zest of one orange from the Fruitful Day Box
- 90g peanut butter
- 50g honey
- 30g cacao butter/coconut oil/grass fed butter
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- Roughly chop walnuts
- Finely chop apricots
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl; walnuts, oats, apricots, seeds, spices and salt.
- Add wet ingredients; orange zest, peanut butter, honey and oil.
- Combine until this mixture forms a dough.
- Press mixture down into a lined baking tray and bake at 160°C for 20 – 30 minutes or until browned.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.