It’s been a few weeks since we posted our last recipe and with the first day of school around the corner, we wanted to give you some ideas to start the year on a healthy and happy note.
So have you heard of the old wives’ tale that you should eat your colors? Then you’ll love these green pancakes!
Pancakes are traditionally thought of as an unhealthy breakfast, but these are actually gluten free, sugar free, dairy free and paleo. In addition, they are great way to get spinach into what is otherwise a “treat” type meal especially for kids.
Without further ado, we wish you a fruitful start to the new school year and hope you enjoy our latest recipe!
Spinach, Blueberry & Banana Pancakes (makes approximately 10 pancakes)
INGREDIENTS for the pancakes
- 4 free range eggs
- 2 ripe bananas from the Fruitful Day box
- ½ cup plant based milk
- 50g spinach
- 25g coconut flour
- 60g buckwheat flour
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ¾ cup of blueberries from the Fruitful Day box.
METHOD for the pancakes
- Blend all ingredients except blueberries in a high speed blender
- Put two cast iron pans on medium heat.
- Pour 1 tsp coconut oil in each pan.
- Pour some batter into each pan until it spreads out to about 10cm in diameter. Drop the blueberries onto the batter while it’s still wet.
- Once the pancakes bubble, flip and cook the other side.
- Continue until all the batter is used.
- Serve with fruits from the Fruitful Day box, honey and yoghurt.